- Needed for defence, not every country will give them up.
- Economic benefits, money from trading with other countries for things such as materials.
- Employment opportunities.
- Threat ensures peace.
- If we don’t produce , someone else would.
- Regulations have been set up by the Government.
- Other countries have them, why not us?
- Disproportional and indiscriminate weapons – failing Jus in Bello conditions.
- Can be used for tyrannical reasons.
- Encourages warfare, fuelling the practice of war.
- Profiteering from bloodshed, not something moral.
- Increases the chances of violence.